It’s Monday morning, you’re tired and already thinking about the weekend. The workload seems to be unbearable; and instead of the normal 40 hours you put in during the week, you’re now stuck putting in overtime. Little did you know, your body puts in overtime as well; except it’s constant, 24/7, 365 days a year. Which leads to this … Ever wonder what happens to your body while you’re asleep? From hair-growth to locking in new memories and filing away the old ones, your body is a hard working machine. Below are 8 GIFs describing what happens to your body while you sleep.
1. Appearance: Hair grows faster as you sleep
2. Blood Pressure: Drops and increases during sleep phases.
3. Body Temperature: The lower your body temperature the better you sleep.
4. Brain: Locks in new memories and stores away the old.
5. Breathing Rate: Decreases at first, then picks up and varies during REM sleep.
6. Eyeballs: Rapid eye movement occurs during REM sleep.
7. Heart Rate: Slows down 10-30 beats per min. Can pick back up during REM sleep.
8. Kidneys: Filters slowly, producing less urine.
You learn something new everyday, right?!
Do you wake up in the middle of the night and find it hard to fall back asleep? These 6 Science-Backed Tips For Falling Back Asleep That Actually Work just might be the solution for you.