Why Next Football Season Is a Game Changer: NFL Priori
Quality sleep directly impacts performance. Sleep Number and the NFL just announced a multi-year partnership, making Sleep Number the Official Sleep + Wellness Partner of the league. NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, joined Sleep Number’s President and CEO, Shelly Ibach, for a press conference to announce the game-changing deal, and express their excitement for the benefits both organizations will see from the Sleep Number 360™ smart bed, and SleepIQ® technology.
- “Sleep Number will work with teams to incorporate the players’ habits into their training regimens, so they’ll know whether or not they’re getting enough sleep to make the most of their performance on the field. The company has already been piloting efforts with the Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings.” Engadget
- “We are constantly assessing world-class technologies and partners and know this unprecedented partnership will provide players the ability to improve their performance through individualized, smarter sleep,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a press release. “We’re offering Sleep Number’s revolutionary technology to maximize the body’s most basic need for renewal – sleep – to improve the well-being of our players and coaches.” Why the push to get players to bed? Sleep, or more specifically lack thereof, can actually have a large impact on athletic performance. In fact, research suggests effects of low-quality or lack of sleep on athletic performance are very similar to that of overtraining syndrome — the term for what happens if the body’s balance of physical work and rest is off. Men’s Health
- “The deal is more than a bit of tech play — Sleep Number, which has more than 550 retail locations, introduced a bed at the recent CES show it said could warn of impending heart attacks and predict sleep apnea.”Sports Business Daily
- “Performance is one of the NFL’s highest priorities, Goodell said Wednesday, so incorporating Sleep Number’s technology into the league was of the utmost importance.” Minneapolis/ St. Paul Business Journal
- “Any NFL player who wants one can have a Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed. Under a multiyear partnership between Sleep Number Corp. and the National Football League, the Minneapolis-based company also will help players and athletic trainers gain better insight on how good sleep habits can translate to better performance on the field.” Star Tribune
- “The better an athlete recovers, and the more quality sleep and rest they get, the better their next performances will be. If they’re fatigued or not getting good sleep, that can hurt their performance and cost their team a chance to win the Super Bowl.”Wareable
Learn more about sleep’s impact on your performance.
Like diet and exercise, quality sleep is essential for optimal health and performance. Because everyone’s sleep needs are different, Sleep Number® beds with SleepIQ® technology inside adjust to your ideal level of firmness, comfort and support. SleepIQ technology tracks how well you sleep each night, giving you personal insights into your sleep so you’ll learn how life affects your sleep and how sleep affects your life. Find your Sleep Number® setting for your best possible night’s sleep.