Don't lose sleep. How to foolproof(ish) yourself against April Fool's Day pranks, the night before.
April Fool's Day is sure fun for the pranksters. But what about the prankees – the victims of all this tomfoolery?
Don't lose sleep worrying about which family member or friend is out to get you and where. (It was Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the library.) We'll let you in on some of the most common creative pranks throughout the house – and show you how to protect yourself from the best of them!
Secure Your Kitchen Before You Sleep
Let's face it – all the tricks will begin after you go to bed. So if you want to be proactive, you have to secure yourself from the outside in! Let's start in the kitchen, where a sleepy midnight snack might catch you unaware.
- Tighten the Milk Lid. Just in case someone decides to put green food coloring in your milk so you'll think it's moldy, make the cap extra tight before you nod off. If your midnight fridge raid reveals a loose cap, you'll know your milk's been tampered with.
- Empty Your Ice Cube Tray. That fake plastic bug in the ice cube is pretty funny, but when there's no water in the tray, you'll never be bugged out!
- Hide Your Salt Shakers. No more salt in your morning coffee if the jokester can't find the salt anywhere!
When You Gotta Go (to the Bathroom)
- Tape Your Toilet Lid Up. The last thing you want when you go to pee in the middle of the night is to find your toilet taped shut.
- Tape the Bottom Down Too! There's a chance someone will place raw or crunchy pasta under the seat. That's a scary sound you don't want to hear in the middle of the night.
- Hide the Soap Bar. You don't want to find yourself rinsing and rinsing with no suds because the bar has been covered in Saran wrap.
While You Were Sleeping (in the Bedroom)
- Keep Your Hands Under the Covers so you don't wake up with your hand in a warm cup of water that will make you pee.
- Close Your Door Tightly so someone can't put a cup of water on the top of the door to spill it on your head when you open it!
- Use the Old Sock on the Doorknob Trick – but this time instead of hanging it around the doorknob, put it over the knob to prevent it from being slicked with Vaseline.
- Sleep Fully Covered. You don't want to wake up with funny drawings all over your arms and body – especially if you don't find them until you're already at work.
Best yet, try to barricade yourself in the bedroom, if possible — and skip the middle-of-the-night bathroom or kitchen breaks – unless the prankster is sleeping next to you. Then all bets are off!
If you're looking for some more fun facts, watch this video to see what 1 in 4 couples surprisingly do. Are you one of them?
Quality sleep will keep you performing your best. Like diet and exercise, sleep is essential for optimal health and performance. Because everyone's sleep needs are different, Sleep Number® beds with SleepIQ® technology inside adjust to your ideal level of firmness, comfort and support. SleepIQ technology tracks how well you sleep each night, giving you personal insights into your sleep so you'll learn how life affects your sleep and how sleep affects your life. Find your Sleep Number® setting for your best possible night's sleep.